Sunday, February 17, 2008

You go girl!


I've been meaning to post something about how glad I am that my girl Amy Winehouse cleaned up at the Grammys, but just haven't done it yet. She should have gotten Album of the Year too. I have respect for Herbie Hancock, to be sure, but come on. Album of the Year? I think not . . . I think that the whole thing about her not being "worthy" of getting awards because of her personal problems is ridiculous. She made one of the best soul albums in recent memory and deserved to be recognized.


In other news, I've been working on a new poem. It's sort of mostly finished, I guess. I'm really not sure. I'm going back and forth between thinking that it's done and thinking that it needs to be a lot longer. I'll post it here once I decide it's finished.


I'll be posting my Oscar predictions here probably at the end of the week, so don't forget to check to see if I can rebound after the debacle that was my set of predictions for last year.

1 comment:

littlebrowngirl said...

i was furious when she didn't win.