Sunday, October 07, 2007

On How Life Is (for real. NOT the Macy Gray album)

So, I'm sitting here in my room, writing this when I should be studying for mid-terms. Surprised? You shouldn't be .

I never said how my TaeKwonDo testing went, so, here's an update. I PASSED!!! I now hold the rank of 4th Degree Black Belt in Chang-Hun style TaeKwonDo. This has many benefits, as I am now eligible to judge National Testings, (like the one I just participated in) I now have a one-inch black stripe that reaches the length of my uniform pants, and, of course, I can now add the all-important 4th bar to my belt. Although, I'm going to just get a new belt, rather than adding a bar to my existing one. This'll be weird, because it's the only black belt I've ever owned, and it'll be weird to break in a new one. Anyway, I'm very happy right now. The tournament itself went all right, as I placed 4th (funny, no?) in forms in my division. Now, I move up to the "big boys" division: 4th and 5th Degree (men). I'm going to miss competing against my friends in the 3rd Degree division, as we have a good time together. But, hey, they'll be joining me soon enough, right? Strangely, the part of the tournament that I worked, (as a judge) was somewhat slow. Our ring only had 3 divisions all day. (which is a REALLY slow day) I guess that the powers that be that assign the divisions to rings didn't always know that we were free, and could have done more.

On a different note, have you seen that commercial where people just push the easy button and things just work out great? Part of me wouldn't mind such a system actually existing. I mean, I know that part of the great thing about real life is that it can be messy and strange, and occasionally (hopefully) resolving into some sense of beauty either in place of or amidst the chaos. But, it would sure be nice to be able to have the proverbial "God sitting at the kitchen table" experience. I have some unanswered questions that I'm not sure what to do with.

In other news, I'm writing a waltz. I'd share it with you when it's done, but I don't have one of those digital video cameras. If you know me personally, you'll just have to pester me into playing it for you. It's pretty cool, because I've written a bunch of songs, but never a waltz.

Now, I should go, because I have some things to do. Do me a favor and comment if you read this. I'd kind of like to see how many people actually read Visions of Johanna. (not that I should expect many, considering the, shall we say, "infrequent" nature of my posts)

Over and out.

3 comments:

LittleDreamer said...

I read it, Little Bo. I know what you mean about the 'easy' button! I'm always here if you need to talk.

The Howard Bunch said...

Congratulations on the Taekwondo!! Really, I can't imagine!

Kelly said...

a waltz? i am so excited to hear it!